JOINT COUNCIL OF ACTION
I.T.E.F, KARNATAKA & GOA CIRCLE & ITGOA, KARNATAKA & GOA UNIT
No.3/JCA/2012-13 29th June 2012
DEMONSTARTION, PROTEST, WALK OUT
AGITATION FROM 12-07-2012
To protest against the inaction of CBDT towards our demands, a day long MASS DHARNA was successfully staged on 8th May, in all CCIT/CIT stations. As a result, the CBDT held a meeting with Central JCA leaders on 30th May 2012. The outcome of the meeting was not positive on most of the issues. No sincere efforts are forthcoming, even on the issues agreed upon by the predecessors. No assurances for time-bound and firm actions are given. Thus, the meeting was a blow to our legitimate expectations. In the meantime, the CBDT rubbed salt on our wounds under this disgusting fashion:
- It cancelled 1 week Foreign training (in Malaysia) of 160 Newly promoted ACsIT citing austerity measures. While no such austerity check is applied to Advanced Mid-career training of CsIT & Addl CsIT in USA for 3 weeks.
- The promotion order of ACs (of 2006 batch) to the cadre of DCs was made prospective instead of retrospective effect from 1-1-2011 (as was done in the past) causing heavy pecuniary loss and endangering their career.
- Surreptitious efforts to amend IRS Recruitment Rules 1988 for introducing ‘Year of Induction’ as distinct from ‘Year of Promotion’ aimed at ensuring extinction of promotees in any cadre above DCIT.
In this sickening situation, the Central JCA which met on 25th June 2012 noted the callous attitude of the Board in not resolving our issues and keeping in view the discontentment & despair of our Comrades, it has been decided by the Central JCA to embark upon following agitational programme :
Lunch hour demonstration in all CCIT and CIT stations and adopting
of resolution seeking the intervention of the Revenue Secretary in the matter
Non-preparation and Non-submission of Statistical reports to any higher authorities AND Black Flag and Big Banner Demonstration during visit of Chairman or Member (P&V) to any station or office.
Half day walk-out ( i.e post lunch)
On 30-07-2012 &
Protest by wearing Black Badge, Preferably black dress
Not working beyond office hours and and not working on holidays.
Not allowing outsiders to work in office
Walk out from office for the whole day.
All members are called upon carry out the above agitational programme successfully in all places. Only with such a united struggle we can make CBDT to attend to our demands. The 16 point Common Charter of demands is printed below for ready reference of members. In case of any doubts/difficulties the members are requested to call either of the conveners.
( VINOD ) ( K.R.NARAYANA )
General Secretary, ITEF General Secretary, ITGOA
Common Charter of demands
1. Promotions: Hold supplementary DPC for 2011-12 and regular DPC for 2012-13 for ACIT promotion. Release DCIT Promotions as on 1.1.2011 & 1.1.2012. Promote 2003 batch of IRS Officers to JCIT.
2. Implement Cadre Composition proposal submitted by ITEF immediately
3. Cadre Restructuring :
a. Create Posts of PPS/Sr.PPS and AO-Grade-I/AO-Spl. Grade equal to posts of Officers in SAG/HAG/HAG+/Apex Scale.
b. Restore 207 posts DCIT posts in Grade of DCIT reduced by DOPT, be revived.
c. Fill up all posts by promotion by relaxing all Recruitment & other Rules
d. Constitute implementation Committee for Cadre Restructuring with representation to JCA.
4. Finalize All India Seniority list of ITOs (especially after 2001). Direct all CCIT(CCAs) to adopt uniform norms for determining seniority.
5. Grant financial benefit to Office Superintendents & Stenographers Gr-1 on promotion.
6. Grant advance increment STA/ Stenographers Gr-2 on passing Deptal Exam.
7. Grant GP of Rs.5400 to ITOs after 4 years in PB-3 instead of PB-2. Fix GP of A.O. Gr.-III & P.S. on par with that of ITO. Fix GP of Inspectors on par with CBI Inspectors. Issue clarification fixing scale of Rs.7450/- (pre-revised) to Inspectors, AOs and PSs.
8. Implement Apex Court order of S.K. Shukla w.r.t correct date of promotion as DCIT in all similarly placed Officers. Fix Inter-se-Seniority of Inspectors as per DOPT orders.
9. Regularise Casual employess against MTS vacancies & Stop transferring casual workers to private contractors who only exploit them
10. Grant Special pay to all Officers & officials in Investigation, Central Circles, Audit etc AND Grant Deputation Allowance to officials of MSTU @ 30% in line with DTRTI.
11. Transfer Policy & Transfers :
a. Treat posting in the Directorates attached to CBDT as outside Delhi. Do not post officers on transfer back to Delhi (after cooling-off period) to Directorates without consent.
b. Retain officers in highly deficient region within their charge.
c. Do not transfer Principal Office bearers of ITGOA/ITEF (both CHQ. & UNITS) must be till their term of office and must not be transferred without their options.
d. Resolve Grievances relating to Transfers of JCIT/DCIT/ACIT in AGT 2012.
12. Implement agreement with JCA on CPC functioning
13. Implement Order for CAT-Mumbai granting notional effect w.e.f. 1.1.1996 to the revised Pay scale of ITO & ITI immediately.
14. Amend IRS Recruitment Rules 1988 to fill vacancies in the Grade of JCIT(JAG) & ACIT(JTS), whenever it exceeds 10% of the sanctioned strength by ad-hoc promotion of ACIT with 6-years and ITO of 3 years, which will be regularized after completion of required residual period.
15. Stop Out sourcing of regular nature of work & hiring of DEOs in Steno.
16. 1% Incremental Incentive:
a. Provide Laptops to AO & PS/Sr.PS & Inspector & new Laptops to newly promoted ITOs.
b. Replace Laptops issued 5 years back with a provision to retain the old Laptops.
c. Grant 5 operational Vehicle to each Range and Provide Mobile handsets to all employees.
d. Implement the report of Committee for utilization of Incentive pertaining to F.Y. 2009-10 and discuss with JCA before spending the 1% Incentive amount pertaining.
e. Implement the proposals submitted by the Committee and approved by the Board.