The News Letter of the Income Tax Gazetted Officers’ Association,
KARNATAKA & GOA Unit, Ist Floor, C.R.Bldg. Annex, Queen’s Road, Bangalore 560 001
President : Shashidhar Shet: 9448660614 : Vice President : K.A.Jamadar : 9241342225
Gen. Secretary : K.E.Rajan 9448444481 : Jt. Secretary : K.Selvaraj : 9449625520
Treasurer : P.V.Narayana Sharma: 9449490677
Dear Comrade, 28th November 2011
It has been brought to your notice the on going agitational programmes of our Association from 25th October 2011. In spite of this, the Board has not taken any action in redressing our just demands. As part of our agitational programme, we had nation wide walk out on 15th November 2011 and I am very proud to say that you have made it a hundred percent success. I, on behalf of our Association, once again congratulate you and seek your unstinted support in our endeavour.
On the morning of 18th Nov. 2011, Member (L & C) & South Zone, C.B.D.T, visited Bangalore on official tour. I.T.G.O.A, protested by displaying placards highlighting our demands. To the quick call given, majority of the members housed at Headquarters gathered and protested the visit of the Member. Thereafter, your leaders met the Member and appraised him of the seriousness of the situation. The Member was in full agreement with us and promised to resolve the issue as early as possible by taking the matter to the Chairman, CBDT. Though promised no concrete steps have been taken by the Board till date.
In this connection, the Central Headquarters of I.T.G.O.A met recently and chalked out the following NATION WIDE agitational programmes:-
LUNCH HOUR DEMONSTRATIONS IN FRONT OF I.T.OFFICES
ACROSS THE COUNTRY IN ALL CCIT STATIONS AT 1-30 PM ON 30-11-2011
FROM 05-12-2011 ONWARDS:-
NON PARTICIPATION BY ALL MEMBERS OF I.T.G.O.A. IN SEARCH & SEIZURE OPERATIONS U/s.132 & CONNECTED SURVEY ACTIONS.
ON 15-12-2011 OUR MEMBERS WILL SEND A POST CARD TO THE CHAIRMAN’S RESIDENCE – HIGHLIGHTING OUR DEMANDS.
Note: In addition to the above, the ongoing agitational programme of non submission of any type of reports, (except in case of parliamentary questions), non participation in surveys and enquiries etc. will continue. Only time-barring work will be attended to.
In this connection, the letter written by Sri Rajesh Menon, Secretary General, ITGOA(CHQ), New Delhi, dated 19-11-2011 is annexed to this letter for your ready reference.
The Central Headquarters leaders have already in touch with the comrades of I.T.E.F and have sought their co-operation in the matter. A positive step from them is expected in the larger interest of the members of I.T.G.O.A & I.T.E.F as the problems faced are similar. Copies of letter written to the Secretary & President of ITEF is available for view at “http://itgoakargoa.blogspot.com”. Similarly, the letter written by the Central Headquarters of ITGOA to the Chairman, CBDT regarding intensifying the agitational programme can also be views in the said blogspot.
Comrade B.R.Vasudevarao, I.T.O (Tech)-III, O/o C.C.I.T, Bangalore-III, Bangalore will be retiring from service on 30-11-2011 after putting in 37 years of service to the Department. His services to the sister organizations are fondly remembered. I.T.G.O.A expresses its sincere regards to him and wishes his retirement life will be peaceful, healthy and prosperous. He may be contacted at 9449001827.
LONG LIVE I.T.G.O.A, LONG LIVE J.C.A, LONG LIVE I.T.E.F.
GENERAL SECRETARY, ITGOA, KARNATAKA & GOA UNIT, BANGALORE.
Pl. visit “http://itgoakargoa.blogspot.com/” for latest updates from ITGOA, Karnataka & Goa Unit
ITGOA/Agitation/2011-12 19th November, 2011
(Through : GS of all Units of ITGOA),
Sub : Intensification of Agitation for ACIT Promotion and expediting Cadre Restructuring — reg.
This is further to Circulars dated 10/10, 30/10, 10/11 and 15/11-2011.
2. At the very outset, each and every member of ITGOA deserves full kudos for the enthusiasm and vigour exhibited in carrying out the agitation program till now. On 18-11-2011, the ongoing agitation of ITGOA was reviewed in an Emergency Managing Committee Meeting held at Delhi which was attended by delegates and observers from across the country, wherein it was unanimously decided that in view of the absolute silence on the part of CBDT, the agitation must not only continue, but the same needs to be intensified further.
3. Following forms of agitation was adopted by Managing Committee of ITGOA:
Ongoing agitation to Continue with additional vigour
i. Protest demonstration before Chairman & Members of CBDT, on their visits.
ii. Non-cooperation like Non—submission of statistical reports, dossier reports, DO Letters
etc. Only Time-barring work will be attended to and artificial deadlines like 30-11-2011
for scrutiny will not be adhered to.
iii. None of our members will participate in any survey action including TDS survey /
Inspection / Verification / study or by whatever name called and Recovery Surveys
Lunch Hour Demonstration in front of I.T. Offices across the country, in all CCIT stations.
From 5-12-2011 onwards
Non-participation by all members of ITGOA in Search action u/s 132 and connected Survey actions
Every Member of ITGOA shall send a post-card highlighting our demand, to the Chairman-CBDT at his residence.
Thereafter, the agitation will be reviewed and if need be programs like Dharna, Hunger Strike, Total Strike will be undertaken from January 2012
4. Meanwhile, an appeal has been made to the ITEF our partners in JCA to actively join the agitation, as Promotion to the grade of ACIT only can ensure consequential promotions to the staff of the IT Dept who are all members of ITEF. Besides, the Cadre Restructuring is absolutely essential for solving the pending issues like Grade Pay of Office Superintendent, recruiting more Stenos, Inspectors, Sr.TA, etc. in terms of the increased work-load. Copy of appeal is enclosed.
5. Also enclosed herewith is the letter addressed to Chairman-CBDT informing about the decision taken in MC Meeting of ITGOA held on 18-11-2011 i.e. to continue with the ongoing agitation and to intensify the same as mentioned above, in view of the total silence and inaction on the part of the Board w. r. t our legitimate demands. All the unit leadership are requested to serve a similar notice
on the CCIT (CCA) of their respective regions.
6. Lastly, all the members of ITGOA may note that CBDT is blissfully unaware of the stagnation in the grade of ITO and the grades down-beIow and the administration is totally insensitive to our legitimate demand for timely promotions.
Hence we must be ready for a long-drawn struggle at all costs and must not rest till we succeed in getting timely promotions in all grades and better service conditions and infrastructural support for promotee officers and staff working in the IT Dept. In this direction, following famous quotes will guide us :
"Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you. "
(American Golfer Arnold Palmer)
"Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers, But to be fearless when facing them. "
(Nobel Laureate, renowned poet & playwright Shri Rabindranath Tagore,)
I.T.G.O.A ZINDABAD ; OUR UNITY ZINDABAD
( RAJESH D. MENON )